[Update: I uninstalled 2 intrusive hacks, Keybru 0.05 and usbNetwork, and tried to update to 3.3 again. It went on smoothly, and finally showed version 3.3 in the Settings page.
If you have unintrusive ones, like screensavers, font hack or launchpad, you should be able to update without problems, with custom screensavers still work after update of course.]
[Update 2: Just to let you know that I reinstalled those two hacks back successfully without hiccups. (Keybru 0.07, though. I’ll cover this great keyboard hack very soon. Stay tuned.)]
Amazon sent an email to me that Kindle Software Update 3.3 is available to download for my Kindle Keyboard.
So I went on and updated my Kindle. It installed smoothly without any error popped up, but after updated it still shows that I have version 3.1. I guess I have to uninstall the hacks I have first. Maybe I’ll do that later.
If you don’t know how to jailbreak, head over to my post here.
If you want to update your Kindle, in case it doesn’t do automatically, here are the links.
Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi: Download 3.3
Your serial number will start with “B008″
Kindle Keyboard 3G (Free 3G + Wi-Fi) – U.S. and Canadian Customers: Download 3.3
Your serial number will start with “B006″
Kindle Keyboard 3G (Free 3G + Wi-Fi) – European Customers: Download 3.3
Your serial number will start with “B00A”
To view Version 3.3 Overview:
Kindle Keyboard Version 3.3 Overview
Some of the features included in this update are:
- Download your archived Personal Documents on Kindle Keyboard: You can now view and download your archived personal documents to your Kindle Keyboard conveniently anywhere at any time. Your personal documents will be stored in your Kindle library until you delete them from Manage Your Kindle.
- Whispersync for Personal Documents on Kindle Keyboard: Just as with Kindle books, Whispersync automatically synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations for personal documents (with the exception of PDFs) across the Kindle devices. Learn more about Kindle Personal Document Service.
- AmazonLocal deals on Kindle Keyboard with Special Offers: Kindle Keyboard with Special Offers users in many regions can now view,purchase, and redeem AmazonLocal deals directly from Kindle Keyboard — no computer, no printer, no hassle. AmazonLocal offers savings up to 75% off products and services from businesses in your city, national chains and online merchants. Learn more about AmazonLocal on www.amazonlocal.com.
- Voice Guide Shortcut: Kindle Keyboard users can now quickly turn the Voice Guide feature on and off by holding the Shift key and pressing Spacebar. Voice Guide reads aloud menu options, content listings and item descriptions. To learn more about using Voice Guide on Kindle Keyboard, visit Customize Your Reading on Kindle.
- Kindle 3 software updated (teleread.com)
- Kindle Cloud update for Kindle 3 out now (slashgear.com)
- Amazon Kindle Keyboard update rolls in Kindle Cloud features (electronista.com)