Google just release a BETA version of Chrome Remote Desktop extension for Chrome browser. I just tried it out, and I am really impressed how easy it is to set up the sharing and connection. It takes just 1-2 minutes to share your desktop. That is a few click away for remote help! Hmm, very cool. But of course, you don’t get File Sharing or other fancy feature. It’s still in BETA anyway.
After installed the extension from Chrome Web Store, it appears on the homepage as it should. The icon is not that pretty, but we look for functionality in this case 😆
This is all you have to do.
Host: Click “Share This Desktop” and it will generate an Access Code. Give this to the person you want to share your desktop with.
Client: Click “Access a shared desktop” and supply the Access Code you received, and bang! you’re in!. 🙂
- Google releases Chrome Remote Desktop Beta (9to5google.com)
- Chrome Remote Desktop Beta Extension (ghacks.net)
- Chrome Remote Desktop Extension Lets You Remotely Control Any Desktop Or Share Yours (techie-buzz.com)
- Extension To Chrome Brings Remote Desktop Abilities (tech.slashdot.org)
- Chrome extension enables remote computer control (news.cnet.com)